Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beauties from BKC Moscow Timetabling

One of our contributors just dug up some old emails from BKC Moscow. We will call this teacher "John Smith".

Email From John Smith Re: BKC Moscow

Here's some fun emails from May 2008.

Look at these beauties:

At the time, THERE WERE NO HOURS AVAILABLE. I had what I could get. I pleaded for weekend hours (which I KNEW there were) and they stalled. Of course I wanted hours.

Dear John Smith!

The Recruitment Department is concerned about your attitude to work. We would like to talk about it. Please, come to the central office (Boro) on Monday or Tuesday (May, 12-13) at any convenient time.

Please, let us know what time you will be here.
Best regards,
"Hog-Ola"
Timetable Coordinator


Explanation From the BKC Moscow Teacher

They were dragging their feet to keep me from getting a weekend class. I said this: I would LOVE to teach any class in the morning, day, evening, or weekend, but please, please, please, just not Monday/Wednesday evening. There are weekends and day classes available, please let me take these.

NO, you MUST take the Monday/Wednesday evening class. This created friction.

Next Email From BKC Moscow - How Dare You Question Us? We'll Call The Authorities!

Dear John Smith,

I just want to infrom you that I've started examination of how many hours hourly-paid teachers with BKC visas have. I was told by timetabling department that after one of your classes finishes on the 14th of May you will have only 14 hours per week. Please let me know if you want to take some new classes to have 20 teaching hours.

In case you refuse to take classes offered by timetabling I will need to
shorten your visa and send official letter to the Federal Security Service and to the Passport and Visa department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to inform them about stopping your contract with BKC. This letter will conduce to automatic cancellation of your visa.

Hope to hear from you soon, or you may just contact timetabling to find out
whether they have some classes for you.

Have a good day!


What John Smith Wrote Us

By the way, contacting the Federal Security Service regarding a work contract.... impossible. The FSB doesn't deal with this. Empty threats. And a visa can't be revoked unless it is stamped and taken away/out of the passport.

Warning to all BKC Moscow teachers: Don't give them your passport after they give you your visa. Your visa cannot be revoked unless it is physically presented to the migration officials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
>